Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"When God Writes Your Love Story"


This past weekend, I finished reading the book "When God Writes Your Love Story" by Eric and Leslie Ludy. I must say that it was one of the best books I have EVER read! I have read several books about girl/guy relationships, dating, courtship, etc. However, this book was unlike any I have ever read! It was the first book I have read that had a true guy's perspective! Just while I was reading, I came to respect Eric Ludy so much for telling girls what guys need, AND being able to tell guys what girls need! Leslie also is an amazing writer and shared such wonderful thoughts. Like many girls, I have always had the dream of meeting my Prince Charming and having that happily ever after. As I have grown older, my desires to someday be a Godly wife and mom and have only increased! However, I have felt so stuck lately! I knew that I needed to use my singleness and not just WAIT for the perfect man to walk into my life. My job is to run toward God and He will let Mr. Right catch up. In the last year, I have felt like I didn't know how to do this completely. I was running to God, but also found myself thinking so much about my desire to marry a Godly man. At times I felt guilty for having such a desire, and I would try to distract myself from it. God used the Ludy's book to speak to my heart and tell me that that is a desire HE has given me! I can and NEED to be thinking of my future hubby now! It is NOW that I start loving and honoring that special man--not after I say I do. I am urging EVERYBODY to read this book! For me, it was life-changing! OH! And here is a cool story about how I got the book: My dad gave me a gift certificate for Christmas to a Christian bookstore where he lives. While looking at the MANY books, I prayed that God would help me find ones that would bring me closer to Him. I found the Ludy's book and wondered how God would use it in my life. Now I know! Praise Him! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you shared this, I will order ours shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are going to read it! :) Have Erin (and the boys too!) read it in a few years!

    ReplyDelete