
Over the past few days, my heart has been breaking for the people of Haiti. I look at Haiti, a country that suffered from poverty, malnutrition, etc. even before the horrible quakes. It seems so unfair that these people must endure this. My heart longs to reach out to them. I want to be there holding those people, praying over them, and sharing the love and word of God with them. Today, I found myself thinking, “Even if I could go, I would only be able to touch a few lives, never a nation. I just wish I could save them all!” Then, I had to remember who our God is! Is it not the great God and creator of these people, this universe and beyond that I am crying out to on behalf of those souls? Is our God not an awesome God of compassion and sovereignty? It can be easy to become discouraged and feel so small, yet all I have to do is try to fathom the greatness of our God and I am so comforted. The situation in Haiti is heartbreaking. Through it all, I am able to be so thankful that we serve an awesome God of grace who sees the smallest sparrow fall. How much greater is His love for His children whom He made in His own image? We can’t save Haiti, but God can do much more than that---more than our human minds can know. He is there, listening to every prayer we offer on behalf of Haiti. It is in our weakness that He is strong.
"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
—Matthew 10:29-31-
"Mom, why would God do this to *children*?" is what Levi asked while we were praying for our Lyly & Lolo. I want to bring them home so badly.
ReplyDeleteOh, sweet Levi. :-/ *I* want you to be able to bring them home too.
ReplyDelete