I went to my brother's grave alone for
the first time.
I was surprised that in over two
months, it hadn't changed much.
My heart surrendered to a surge of
anger as my eyes glared at the dry, cracked mound in front of me.
Is
this all there is to mark a life so beautiful?
Death is so cruel, so final, so
hideous.
I sank to my knees and watered the dry
and weary land of my heart with tears I have long awaited.
Father, where are you?
Will I ever be whole again?
Where is the beauty my heart longs for?
“Lift the dirt.” He whispered.
So I did.
Beneath a surface so hideous and
lifeless, new life abounded!
All I can see are broken pieces...a
parched, worn, and weary land.
But my God is fulfilling His purpose.
Beneath the brokenness, He is breathing
new life.
Within the pain, He is nurturing
growth.
Throughout this desert drought, His love
is quenching.
I will yet praise Him.


Micah, this is very encouraging and beautiful. Thank you!
ReplyDelete