Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Letter From Santa

Dear People of the world,

It's me, Santa, the fat guy in red.
It's time you hear something that must be said.
First and foremost, sad as it may be,
Its time I tell you I'm a fantasy.
You wouldn't know it
from all the talk
Of how I come and fill the socks.

Although it's an honor to be such a figure
There is someone whose honor is bigger.
Have you forgotten the one who was born?
Who came and saved a world forlorn?
You say it is I who sees and knows all
But what about HIM who died for your fall?
He was born on that night because of you
He came to the Earth to show what is true.
Instead of imagining my travel in a sleigh,
Imagine how God was a baby that day.
Imagine the pain of a young and scared mother
As the contractions began, one after another
Imagine Joesph holding the young mother's hand
As he quickly is forced to become a man.
Think of Mary's tears when exhausted she lay
Holding the most precious baby who was born on the hay.
Picture this family shivering in the night
Knowing God is on Earth, what a glorious sight.
Think of the glory the shepherds beheld
As by the singing of Angels they were joyfully compelled.
Can you picture the wiseman as they traveled afar,
Seeking the King by following a star?
Be amazed as you picture the God of all,
As a helpless infant, precious and small.
The next time you see a baby's tiny hands and toes
Think of how Jesus, our King, once had those.
Perhaps as you imagine the night Christmas began
You will see why I shouldn't be the number one man.
It's not about me, a man dressed in red
It's not about stockings and early to bed.
Instead we remember when He came to save,
The way that he lived, and all that he gave
You spend money, decorate, and stress-out all the more
When maybe you should remember those who are poor
The birth of Jesus was the humblest gift of all
So why do we remember by running to the mall?
Perhaps it's time to take a new street
to give less presents, more presence, and see who you meet
Forget about me, I really won't be offended
If instead this Christmas you live as He intended.

Love, Santa

Picture from: www.johnsonnewz.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I loved that poem/letter from Santa, Micah! Did you write it? It is so true! Christ should be the center of Christmas (and every day), not Santa, presents, stockings, etc. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Hannah~

    ReplyDelete