Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Dance of a Lifetime: In Verse




The room is large, the lighting dim,
With all my might, I try not to see Him.
His hand it beckons, His voice it calls,
I cannot go, I’ll lose it all.

I stand alone, I cannot feel,
The fear it comes, my breath to steal.
I gaze afar, I see Him still,
I can’t help wonder, does He know my will?


This call for help, this cry for love,
This weight of the world I can’t be rid of.
I’m desperate, I’m broken, I’m all but done,
Yet this captivating love song, I can’t outrun.

I hear it growing louder yet, Slowly so slowly I turn to see.
Still in the middle my Savior stands, calling, calling out to me.
“Dance with me my precious one
Come and find that your search is done.

I love you more than you’ll ever know,
Take my hand, my love I’ll show.
My delight is yours, I cherish you.
My strength is enough to get you through.

To the music of my love, I’ll spin you about,
Stop trying to earn, just breathe in and then out.
Look into my eyes and see who I am,
The greatest sacrifice, the purest lamb.

For you I died, for you I rose.
With the whitest of dresses, you I do clothe.
The purest of brides through me you become,
Remember, beloved, what I rescued you from.”

My eyes I do lift, with Him they do fill.
Could you, Sweet Jesus, want me still?
I want to know your embrace and light,
But trust won't come without a fight.

I take a step and then one more,
And then I move across the floor.
Soon before you I do stand,
I then reach out and take your hand.

Your arms they hold me oh so tight,
I raise my head with all my might.
My breath escapes in one quick gasp,
Your gentle scarred hand I instantly grasp.

The love in those eyes is beyond all compare,
I’m so very unworthy it feels almost unfair.
That thought trickles away as you fill my gaze,
My heart overflows with the greatest of praise.

In one sudden movement you whisk me away,
To the song of all songs we spin and we sway.
This music declares how much you did give,
As the melody plays, I finally do live.

Try as I may I can’t look away,
From this King of all Kings who brought me His way.
Distractions do waltz to my left and my right,
But the love of my Jesus is too great a sight.

I’m lost in the care of this Savior of mine,
As His delight fills my heart our wills do align.
More temptation around me does sway,
But I'm dancing with Jesus, and I can't look away.

Picture from: http://yaadein.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/dancing_girl_silhouette.jpg?

No comments:

Post a Comment