Well, throughout this entire study, I was never disappointed. And this last sermon was RIGHT up my alley! If you know me personally, you know that one of my greatest desires in life is to marry a Godly man and have as many children as God will give me. In today's passage, Ruth becomes pregnant with a son. Pastor Mark focused on the blessing of marriage and children. It was comforting to hear someone reassure my desire for these things. Here are some of Mark's points that stood out to me:
1) Women should be crowns, not cancer. Proverbs 12:4 says, "A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones." Mark described his wedding day and the excitement he felt as he saw his beautiful soon-to-be wife come towards him down the aisle. He was thrilled to marry this woman, a woman of noble character...like Ruth! My desire is to be that woman. I want to someday be a wife who pleases her husband, brings him delight. I want to be his crown, not the decay of his bones. If I were depending on my own strength and human character, I would fail 100%. It is only through the graciousness of God that I can strive to share his character. I will never be perfect, but throughout my life I know God will continue to refine me and live through me.
2) Mark also compared religion to redemption. He said, "Religion is about birth, redemption is about rebirth." Ruth did not begin as a "crown." She was living in a sinful place and worshiped false Gods. But that didn't matter to God. He took her and redeemed her, giving her new birth and life through Himself. Such a sweet reminder that no matter where we come from, what life we have lived, there is such hope through Him. If we only had religion, we would never be good enough. However, God offers redemption.
Wow. I don't really know how to put my thoughts and feelings about this message into words! I am so excited to be serving the one true God, resting in His promises. He knows my desires and if I continually give them to them, I only have things to look forward to. :) Great is our God!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment