Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Dance

The beat is slow, painful, and deep
Bellowing tragedy, grief, defeat.

The rhythm is quick, light, and full
It chirps of victory, and life beautiful.

The words are scrambled, confusing and dark
Sobbing of loss and death's ugly mark.

The lyrics are joy-filled, a sweet jubilee
Singing the peace of grace over me.

My feet are stumbling, unbearably sore
I can't keep up, the tears sting and pour.

My toes feel free as I twirl and spin
I jump and leap and praise through a grin.

My partner is missing, I'm deserted, alone
I stumble and trip with no way to be shown.

My lover is close, I feel the beat of His heart
He leads me and teaches me each step of my part.

This dance is unbearable, I can't find my way
My heart is destroyed by this cavity each day.

This waltz is life-giving, teaching me to sing
Showing me beauty and glimpses of my King.

Darkness and light, beauty and pain.
Heartache and joy, they mingle the same.

For grief is the dance partner of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment