My innermost being is a most foul and vile place. From wall
to wall, an assemblage of poisonous iniquity appears to grow by the second. The
stench is repulsive, the view revolting. The silence of suffocating sin is
deafening and the very air tastes of bitter rot. I cry for rescue, and You
come. For so long, you stand motionless, taking in the corruption before You.
After an eternity, You turn to face me. My head falls beneath the weight of
shame. Before a second has passed, I feel You lift my face before Yours. In
Your beautiful features I trace pain and sorrow, but the glow of each ray of
compassion is undeniable. My eyes burn hot with tears of regret and self-hate.
You smile at me. Your kiss on my forehead is brimming with love as You squeeze
my hand, turn from me, and get to work. As layer after layer of filth is peeled
away, unfathomable depths of impurity, pride, and ungratefulness, scream and
writhe beneath Your holy radiance. Chains of regret and guilt tighten around my
hidden soul at the sight of You in a final attempt to deny Your presence and
power. They shatter. In sacred silence, You wash every last part of me with me
the blood of the only Savior. When the job is done, You turn to me once more
with a gentle, love-filled smile. I stutter as I flit about, trying to
grasp the feelings of freedom, grace, and joy pulsing through my veins. You come before me, cradle my face, and say: “It is finished.”
"Search me, God, and know my heart..."
~Psalm 139:23~
No comments:
Post a Comment