Dearest Christian Brothers-As a sister in Christ, my heart longs to encourage you as men. I look around and see a culture drowning in dark deception. My heart breaks as I see our culture brimming with women who have no idea what it means to live in the beauty of Godly womanhood. So many women are caught up in the idea that they have something to prove to men--that because we have different roles and abilities than men, women are somehow inferior and must fight their way to the top. Obviously, this is an issue that must be tackled in the hearts of women. But what we so often fail to acknowledge is the fact that the corruption of womanhood is deeply affecting you as men. The more women try to prove themselves, the more you are robbed. You are robbed of your role as pursuer; the role of Godly leadership is snatched from you. I recognize how deeply you are being dishonored and I want to take the time to show gratitude for who God has created you to be. Your longing for honor and respect is deep and Godly. We as women often do a terrible job of meeting this vital need and desire of yours, but that doesn't make it any less important. Please, cling to your honor! We may act like it is unimpressive, but in all honestly, it is a heart of integrity and honor that Godly women find incredibly attractive. Also, bring on the cheese! We may seem unimpressed with "old fashioned" romance, but I truly believe that the majority of the time, it is flowers, spontaneous picnics, door-holding, and all those other gentlemen-ly deeds that make us feel treasured. We as women want to be cherished, protected, fought for, made to feel beautiful. When you compliment us and we brush it off or accuse you of lying, don't allow yourself to be discouraged! Satan is very talented at using low self-worth to darken the hearts of women. That combined with a society which is polluted by false compliments of beauty given by men who toss women aside as soon as they have received their share of pleasure has created women whose hearts are fragile and reluctant to accept praise. Don't give up. No matter what women may say or how we may push you aside, we badly need to hear we are beautiful and desired. As long as your words are consistently accompanied by actions, eventually your faithfulness will become known. Also, women in our society are failing immensely at protecting the purity of our brothers. I cannot pretend to understand the intensity of your struggle because I do not have the mind of a man. However, I do know that women wearing too little or too tight of clothing offers no assistance in your battle for purity. Yes, you as are expected to guard your hearts and minds in Christ. But I also believe that women are called to protect the purity of our brothers dress and act with modesty and discretion. My heart aches as I see the filth you must guard aganist daily. Whether it is on TV, the internet, billboards, magazines, you name it, the world around us makes your battle for purity just that--a battle. I can't imagine how difficult it is to daily be caught off guard by the sexual content that plagues our society. But I beg of you, never let it stop catching you off guard. Don't grow to be ok with the images and words that surround us. Continue to let your head turn the other way when passing a sign with an immodestly dressed women. When possible, run from the situations that will cause you weaken in your fight for purity. Don't be afraid to be the man who guards his eyes, his ears, and ultimately, his heart. Each day as you turn from impurity, remember the King who has appointed you as a mighty and pure warrior and remember that beautiful princess of purity that God has called you or will call you to sweep away. Don't allow feminists to water down your manhood. Stand tall, puff out your chest, and for lack of better wording, MAN UP! Know that pride in being a man is ok as long as you are 100% humbled before the One who has called you to be that. Fight not only for your own purity and honor, but that of the sisters around you. This letter is not to put you down for not doing your job, but instead build you up in the recogonition that you are doing your job and should continue to do so. When you are willing to stand up as men, be bold, fight in His strength, and hold open doors for the ladies while you are at it, you are truly being men. My prayer is that your sisters in Christ will also rise up around you to fight for the purity of all, but also find the strength to let you fight for us. I am so sorry that you must push aganist the horrednous cultural opposistion thrown your way, but know that you are fighting heroically on the winning side.
With prayer and a pat on the back,
Micah
Micah, thank you for being strong when I haven't been able to be. I love you.
ReplyDelete