
Last week, God really laid a verse on my heart: Psalm 19:14 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your eyes O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." The more I think of this verse, the more I burn inside to let God consume every last part of me. I don't just want to worship God sometimes during the day. I don't simply want to pray twice a day and call it good. I want each of my actions to be a praise song unto His name. I desire for every nook and cranny of my life to be a prayer. I don't want any word out of my mouth to distract from Him. If my heart is meditating on things that are not of God, how can I expect my life to proclaim Him? A person's life is an outpouring of their heart. Since God has given me this verse, I find myself giving my thoughts back to Him again and again throughout the day, asking Him to focus them on His character and presence. The more I do this, the more my heart swells with joy as I am continually reminded of my King! Even in the "small" things in life, I just need to stop and say, why am I doing this? Why is this how I am spending my time? How could I use that hour between classes to reach people, rather than wasting it on Facebook? Giving God EVERYTHING truly is a process. But once it begins, you will find yourself discovering more and more waiting to be given away!
This song has been played again and again in my dorm room the last week! Think about the words....and give it ALL away! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment